The Australasian United Professional Piercers (AUPP) is an Oceanic, non-profit organisation dedicated to the dissemination of vital health and safety information about body piercing and body art to practitioners, health care professionals, legislators, and the general public.
A primary focus of the foundation, as practitioners and clients, is to ensure that our industry is protected against misrepresentation by the government and give the industry, as a whole, a voice against incorrect legislation.
- Practitioner education and safety training
- Practitioner best practice guidelines
- Health care professionals
- Health care professional education
- Suggested health legislation guidelines
- Suggested minimum practitioner standards
- Suggested minimum establishment standards
- Suggested minimum practitioner training requirements
- The general public
- Education on safety and practitioner selection
- Social media outreach
- Practitioner locator
- Industry history and information
- Modernise the Australiasian regulatory requirements for skin penetration by publishing suggested body art legislation guidelines.
- Grow a member base of professional practitioners, and help those wanting to improve their standards to become a member.
- Replace member levels as of Jan 1st, 2020 with a series of membership tiers to allow for differing levels of establishments and practitioners.
- Host a yearly conference for practitioners and health officials to better their knowledge.
Position: Education Director
Position: Treasurer and Publicist
Position: Membership liaison